
So this picture was taken at the zoo last week. Marnee and I met last Friday to have an outing with cousins. I took this picture by the flamingos because my thought was, "this is the cutest kid I've ever seen!" So, after Marnee left, I was walking out of the parking lot with Erica and all our kids and we were crossing the bridge and saw some turtles in the water below. The kids loved counting them and after I had taken a picture and was ready to walk out to the car I looked up and my stroller was empty. Joseph was NO WHERE in sight. I started yelling for him and nothing... I started panicking, in a matter of five or ten minutes I went from laughin at turtles to hysterical crying because I couldn't find my son. The zoo people wanted a description and all I could say was "a little boy with a green shirt and blonde hair"... While I was desperately running around the bridge, down the stairs leading down to the water, scanning the parking lot etc. I heard Erica yelling my name. They had found him!! Back at the front near the entrance of the zoo. He came running up to me and kissed my face and giggled. I have never been so terrified in all my life. My prayers were very long that night as I thanked Heavenly Father for helping me find "a little boy with a green shirt"!
11 comments:
I feel for you. That happened to me at the Boston Marathon. Gabe had decided to take a walk down a nearby street by himself. A feeling led me the right way and I found him after a few minutes. I'm with you...one of the most scarriest things a mother has to go through.
Holy Moly, how scary! I freak out when I can't find him in my tiny 2 bedroom apt! Let's think, the first places I look: the bathroom, the pantry, behind the rocking chair in his room. Usually one of those places... but I still freak out! I'm such a first time mother of one... I'm so glad Erica was there so you could run around looking for him! Yikes that's scary
This is totally random, Janalee... but how did you get the cute background on your blog? I love that it is different!
Hi Janalee!
I just found your blog! Glad to see your family is doing well. I can't beleive that Spencer is 1.
Looks like AZ is treating you guys well. We still miss you guys though!
Janalee!!! It's good to see your blog and the cute faces of your kiddies. I'm glad Joseph is happy and found! What an experience.
Janalee-
Thanks for your nice blog comment! I'm so excited you have a blog, now we can keep up with all of your happenings out there in the desert. Everyone looks great and so big. Hope all is going well with you. Oh, and can you send me your fruit salsa recipe sometime? You could just post it on the blog for everyone! I love that stuff!
Take care!
I'm so glad I found your blog off of Jen Chops blog! I miss you guys!! I can't get over how big your kids look. I can't believe Spencer is already one! I feel like you guys just left. So cute!!
Hi Janalee,
So glad I found your blog! What a cute family. I love Arizona too--we lived there for 3 years when I was in junior high and I still have a lot of family there. So glad Joseph was found--he's such a cutie!
Lori Lyn
OH MY GOSH!! Crazy!! I'm so glad you had Erica too! He IS cute blond boy in a green shirt!
This has totally happened to me before!!! Its so scary!!! I tried to email you our password for our blog but for some reason it came back??? So email me first and I'll give it to you. And YES, we are expecting twin girls this summer! :-) Its all on the blog if you want to read it. I was SO excited to hear from you!!! Love ya!
Tania
clarkie604@gmail.com
I am so sorry, Janalee, I hate the panicked feeling, that happened with Brock at the childrens museum. I thought I was going to die right then and there. Glad everything is going good! Man, I can't believe how big Bekah is getting!
Post a Comment